Please come visit us at The Library, but pardon the noise and dust. Construction crews hit the ground running this week and you will already see major changes to the interior and landscape of the Sandpoint Branch property.
Read all the details about our major transformation on our website at ebonnerlibrary.org. Check out our brand new feature that highlights a weekly play by play of what is happening now and what is on tap. You’ll also get a kick out of our photo gallery on the Your Library Transformation page. With a click of a button on that page, you can make a voluntary contribution to ward the project and be a part of making it happen. Check out our donor recognition to find familiar names of your friends, neighbors and local businesses who support this epic community project.
If the noise and dust are just too much for you to bear, take full advantage of the Bookmobile locations (at Farmer’s Market today) and our Digital Library at ebonnerlibrary.org. Get eBooks and eAudiobooks from Over Drive or Hoopla. Yes, Hoopla has more than just TV and movie streaming and they have a new user- friendly format you’ll love. Our Digital Library has over 30 databases you can explore for music and movie streaming, to research and hobbies. Our gift to you for being awesome.
All of the following classes and events take place at the Sandpoint Branch Library, 1407 Cedar, unless otherwise indicated. Visit the Events calendar at eBonnerLibrary.org for the full schedule and downloadable posters.
• Saturday, July 15 — Computer class on Microsoft Publisher basics, 8:15 a.m. sharp. An introduction to this program that offers tools to create brochures, newsletters, calendars and other projects. Information: 263-6930.
• Monday, July 17 — Animal Habitats, 1 p.m.. Free family fun at the East Bonner County Library District’s Clark Fork Branch, 601 Main. For details, call 266-1321.
• Monday, July 17 — Lego Expo has been canceled.
• Tuesday, July 18 — Storytime in the Park — Mother Goose Reading & Singing, 10:15 a.m.. Early literacy and childhood engagement for ages 0-3 at the Travers Park pavilion, 2100 Pine St. Questions? Contact Suzanne Davis, 263-6930 ext.1211 or email@example.com.
• Tuesday, July 18 — Storytime in the Park - Preschool Story Time, 11 a.m.. Interactive reading and activities for ages 2-5 and caregivers at the Travers Park pavilion, 2100 Pine St. Contact Suzanne Davis for details, 263-6930, ext. 1211; or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Tuesday, July 18 — Make It at The Library is canceled for the summer.
• Wednesday, July 19 — Clark Fork Stories and More, 10:30 a.m. Stories, crafts, prizes and snacks for kids ages 3-8. At the East Bonner County Library District’s Clark Fork Branch. Call 266-1321 for more information.
• Wednesday, July 19 — Clark Fork Make It at The Library, 2 p.m. Kids make a variety of age appropriate projects. East Bonner County Library District’s Clark Fork branch, 601 Main St.
• Wednesday, July 19 — Mobius Science Show, 6 p.m. The Mobius Science Center comes to The Library for a special science show. All welcome! For more information, contact Suzanne at 263-6930, ext. 1211; or email@example.com.
• Thursday, July 20 — STEM in the Park, 12:30 p.m. Five weeks of hands-on learning fun with science, technology, engineering, and math projects at Travers Park, 2100 Pine St. A Build A Better World Summer Reading partnership of the East Bonner County Library District and Sandpoint Parks and Recreation. For more information, contact Suzanne at The Library, 263-6930, ext. 1211; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, July 22 — Computer class on computer basics, 8:15 a.m. sharp. What’s a gigabyte? What makes a computer work? How do I manage my files? These questions and more are answered in this class. Space is limited and preregistration is required; call 263-6930.
• Summer Reading Challenge — Pick up a Summer Reading game board and start logging your reading and read-to-me hours now through Aug. 21 for fun programs and prizes. Reading logs available for kids of pre-reading age through teen at the East Bonner County Library District’s Sandpoint and Clark Fork branch libraries or eBonnerLibrary.org. For more information, call 263-6930.
• StoryWalk — Locations at Dover City Park, McNearney Park, and Northside School. StoryWalk combines reading with the outdoors on a self-guided walk with pages from a children’s book posted along the trail. For more information, visit any of the partner websites; eBonnerLibrary.org, KaniksuLandTrust.org, CityOfDover.id.org, CityOfPonderay.org.
Marcy Timblin is in charge of public relations, marketing and community development for the East Bonner County Library District. She can be reached at 208-263-6930, ext. 1204.