While at the Fair on Thursday, I was amazed at the thorough representation of our community and the effort that was put into decorating the booths. This year’s theme; “Remembering Our Roots,” lends itself to some very interesting displays. You should make time to go check out the fair today if you haven’t already.
We opted for an indoor booth this year, which gave us the opportunity to showcase the history of the library in Bonner County.
Our librarians were in hog heaven as they got to do what they love best — research.
They were giddy with excitement as they uncovered long forgotten tales of the library’s past.
Discover all of those stories for yourself by visiting our booth during the fair. Pick up a free book for yourself and the kiddos and get selfied with our photo frame and props.
Pick up a copy of our quick facts sheet for details about Your Library Transformation.
Visit our website for weekly project updates and subscribe to our eNewsletter.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn for fresh content every day.
All of the following classes and events take place at the Sand-point Branch Library, 1407 Cedar, unless otherwise indicated.
• Satur-day, Aug. 12 — Solar Eclipse & Other Astro-nomical Wonders: An Observer’s Guide, 1 p.m., Travers Park. Join Jim Pletsch, Astronomer with the Spokane Astronomical Society for a look at how to prepare for the eclipse plus answers to all your questions on astronomy. Jim will be bringing a solar scope and other equipment to see — please bring your questions. Free eclipse glasses. A partnership of East Bonner Co. Library Dist., Spokane Astronomical Society and Sandpoint Parks and Recreation. More information: 265-2665.
• Wednesday, Aug. 16 — Clark Fork Library’s Teen Summer Reading Program finale party and prize ceremony, 8 p.m. This is it. The grand prize draw. Come see if you won that shiny new set of books you’ve been eyeing all summer long. Pizza will be served. Event will be held at the East Bonner County Library District’s Clark Fork Branch, 601 Main St. Registration required: 263-6930 ext. 1245.
• Thursday, Aug. 17 — Teen Summer Reading Program Finale Party & Prize Ceremony, 8 p.m. at the library, 1407 Cedar St. This is it. The grand prize draw. Come see if you won that shiny new set of books you’ve been eyeing all summer long. Pizza will be served. Registration required: 263-6930 ext. 1245.
• Saturday, Aug. 19 — Computer class on Microsoft Word basics, 8:15 a.m. sharp. Learn at The Library. This beginner-level class will teach you how to use the tools offered by Microsoft Word to create a simple document. Preregistration required: 263-6930. At the East Bonner Co. Library Dist. Sandpoint Branch, 1407 Cedar.
• Summer Reading Challenge — Pick up a Summer Reading game board and start logging your reading and read-to-me hours now through August 21 for fun programs and prizes. Reading logs available for kids of pre-reading age through teen at the East Bonner Co. Library Dist. Sandpoint and Clark Fork Branch Libraries or www.eBonnerLibrary.org. For information, call 263-6930.
• StoryWalk — Take the family out for a walk and a story anytime. At Dover City Park, read “Ragweed’s Farm Dog Handbook” by Anne Vittur Kennedy. At McNearney Park in Ponderay, enjoy “Max Found Two Sticks” by Brian Pinkney. New stories are updated at the Northside School StoryWalk weekly. For more information, visit ebonnerlibrary.org.