We did it! We reached our Giving Tuesday goal of $2,400 in 24 hours. Your contributions, advocacy, and other support are what made it happen.
Our business partners also made our Giving Tuesday campaign more effective this year. I want to give a special thanks to Beet and Basil, Century 21 Riverstone, Evergreen Realty, Safeway, Sandpoint Starbucks, Sandpoint Super Drug, The Home Depot, Thorne Research, and Yokes Fresh Market for helping us to get the word out and for the generous swag they gave us for prizes.
Your Library Transformation is slated to be complete this spring. Thank you for having a part in this project that will benefit our entire community. To learn about the details of the project, visit ebonnerlibrary.org.
• Friday, Dec. 1 through Saturday, Dec. 2 — Autumn Reading Silent Auction, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. You’ve been logging your reads since September. Now you can cash your reading logs in for “auction bucks” to be spent at the annual Holiday Silent Auction at the Clark Fork Library, 601 Main St. Call the Clark Fork Library for information, 208-266-1321.
• Saturday, Dec. 2 — Fairy Tale Story Time at the Museum, 11 a.m. The Bonner County History Museum welcomes a special guest for the December First Free Saturday (sponsored by Marilyn Sabella). Children’s services librarian, Suzanne Davis will host a special story time to highlight the museum’s temporary exhibit, “Once Upon a Time … In Bonner County.” Bring the whole family to tour the collection that curator Heather Upton reimagines into popular fairy tales while experiencing magical story telling and complimentary cookies and punch. For more information, contact the museum at 208-263-2344.
• Monday, Dec. 4 — Holi-day Story-Walk at Dover City Park, 10 a.m. Students from local elementary schools will tour the StoryWalk kiosks led by veterans at a special Holiday StoryWalk celebration organized through a partnership of Kaniksu Land Trust, The Library, city of Dover, and Bonner County veterans. For information, call Kaniksu Land Trust, 208-263-9471.
• Tuesday, Dec. 5 — Mother Goose, 10:15 a.m. The Library’s Story Times will be at Creations on the Cedar St. Bridge for a while due to the construction project. Stories and singing for babies and toddlers 0-3 years old and caregivers. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tuesday, Dec. 5 — Preschool Story Time, 11 a.m., Creations. Stories and crafts for kids 2-5 years old. The library’s Story Times will be at Creations on the Cedar St. Bridge for a while due to the construction project. Info: email@example.com.
• Tuesday, Dec. 5 — Robotics with Lego Mindstorm, 3 p.m.; learn to build or code. For boys and girls age 8-plus at the Clark Fork Branch.
• Wednesday, Dec. 6 — Clark Fork Stories & More, 10:30 a.m.; Stories and More is back after taking a few weeks off. Kids and their caregivers enjoy story time, songs, snacks, and crafts at the Clark Fork Branch.
• Wednesday, Dec. 6 — Christmas Craft Day, 1-6 p.m. at the Clark Fork Branch. Adults and children of all ages are welcome to come and make a gift. Free family fun with a craft to take home. For more information, call 266-1321.
• Wednesday, Dec. 6 — Make It at the Library, 2 p.m. at the Clark Fork Branch Library. Tweens & teens make a variety of STEAM projects. Info: 266-1321.
Marcy Timblin is in charge of public relations, marketing and community development for the East Bonner County Library District. She can be reached at 208-263-6930, ext. 1204. * The names have been changed for privacy.