As 2017 draws to a close, the staff and trustees at the East Bonner County Library District want to thank all of our patrons and library supporters for your advocacy, financial support, and patience during our big construction project. At this point, we are just $50K shy of our $700K fundraising goal for Your Library Transformation.
While I am an optimitstic, goal-tackling library supporter, I understand that goals need to be practical. It is possible to raise $50,000 by Dec. 31. I know because our supporters have smashed some of our goals that stretched my optimism. In fact, we have achieved all of the benchmark fundraising goals we have set during this campaign.
However, $50K in three days would not be considered a reasonable goal. I would rather shoot for one that we can realistically achieve together — something like, $1,300 in three days.
A tax-deductible donation toward Your Library Transformation made before the end of the year could help you reach your own financial goals with the click of a “Donate Now” button. I recently read an article* that announced potentially huge savings for retirees who are required to take money out of their retirement accounts when they turn 70 and a half.
“But take note: The last day to take those distributions this year is Friday, Dec. 29,” warned the author, Lorie Konish.
A tax deduction is only one of many benefits to having a share in this campaign, but it is the most pressing reason to donate now. When you do, you’ll prove that our goal of $1,300 in 3 days was a realistic goal after all.
Visit www.ebonnerlibrary.org to click a contribution, stop in at one of our Branch locations, or mail your year-end donation to 1407 Cedar St., Sandpoint, ID 83864.
*This Year-end Donation Strategy Could Reap Big Savings for Retirees (cnbc.com published Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2017. )
• Monday, Jan. 1 — New Year’s Day, library is closed.
• Tuesday, Jan. 2 — Winter Reading Program. It’s time for The Library’s Winter Reading Program, a reading challenge for kids. Pick up a reading log and track your reading and read-to-me hours to qualify for prizes. For more information, call Suzanne Davis, 263-6930 ext. 1211 or email@example.com.
• Tuesday, Jan. 2 — Mother Goose. 10:15 AM. The Library’s Story Times will be @ Creations on the Cedar St. Bridge for a while due to the construction project. Stories and singing for babies and toddlers 0-3 yrs and caregivers. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tuesday, Jan. 2 — Preschool Story Time. 11 AM @ Creations. Stories and crafts for kids ages 2-5 yrs. The Library’s Story Times will be @ Creations on the Cedar St. Bridge for a while due to the construction project. Info: email@example.com.
• Tuesday, Jan. 2 — Robotics with Lego Mindstorm. 3 PM. Learn to build or code. For boys and girls age 8+ at the Clark Fork Branch. Subject to cancelation. Please call 266-1321 to confirm before attending.
• Wednesday, Jan. 3 — Clark Fork Stories & More. 10:30 AM. Kids and their caregivers enjoy story time, songs, snacks, and crafts at the Clark Fork Branch.
• Wednesday, Jan. 3 — Make It at the Library. 2 PM. Kids make a variety of age appropriate projects at the Clark Fork Branch.
Marcy Timblin is in charge of public relations, marketing and community development for the East Bonner County Library District. She can be reached at 208-263-6930, ext. 1204.