An important update regarding Your Library Transformation: We are about to begin moving stacks into the new areas to work on the fire suppression system. The first to go will be the nonfiction section. We estimate that work will begin the week of Feb. 12.
Stacks will be relocated in four phases starting with the nonfiction collection. During this time, patrons will not be able to access that collection.* Library staff will gladly retrieve materials for you. Think of us like waiters and waitresses, taking your orders and serving up fresh titles in a fast and friendly manner.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Probably, you will find this arrangement to be even more convenient than usual, but since we have never done this before, we expect that there will be glitches. Our greatest concern is that The Library remains open during construction.
We are willing to do what it takes to make sure you have access to the materials you need and want - even if it means a change to the way we are used to serving you. Thank you for your patience and support during Your Library Transformation.
*This arrangement is an experiment and may be subject to change.
A note regarding the Sandpoint Friends of the Library book sale: The monthly booksale is postponed until construction on the Sandpoint branch library is complete.
• Saturday, Feb. 3 — American Sign Language Class. 11:30 a.m. at the Sandpoint Branch Library, 1407 Cedar. ASL instructor Susan Schaller teaches a progressive ASL class for beginners. For more information, contact Susan Schaller,email@example.com.
• Monday, Feb. 5 — Teen Center Game. 3:30 p.m. at the Sandpoint Teen Center, 104 S. Division. Teen Librarian, Morgan Gariepy hosts collaborative gaming for teens. For more information call Morgan at 263-6930 ext. 1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — ASL Practice. 10 a.m. at the Sandpoint Branch. ASL instructor Judy May will help you refine your sign language skills. Intended for ongoing students. Signing practice will be based on Saturdays’ ASL lesson, but good practice, even if you miss Saturday.For more information, contact Judy May at email@example.com.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Mother Goose. 10:15 a.m. at Crea-tions on the Cedar St. Bridge. Stories and singing for babies and toddlers 0-3 yrs and caregivers. Info: suzanne @ebonnerlibrary.org.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Preschool Story Time. 11 a.m. at Creations. Stories and crafts for kids ages 2-5 yrs. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Robotics with Lego Mindstorm. For information, call the Clark Fork Branch Library, 266-1321.
• Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Beginning Chess for Kids. 3:30 p.m. at Homeschool Academy, 1333 Superior St., 2nd Floor. For more information, contact Suzanne Davis 263-6930 ext. 1211 or email@example.com.
• Wednesday, Feb. 7 — Intro to 3D Printing for Adults in Clark Fork. 4 p.m. at the Clark Fork Branch. Registration for this class is FULL. Please call 266-1321 to get on the waiting list and inquire about future classes.
• Wednesday, Feb. 7 — Clark Fork Stories & More. Canceled. Call 266-1321 for information.
• Wednesday, Feb. 7 — Make It at the Library. 2 p.m.. Kids make a variety of age appropriate projects at the Clark Fork Branch.
• Saturday, Feb. 10 — American Heritage Wildlife Series. 2 p.m. at the Clark Fork Branch Library, 601 Main. February’s topic: “Water Birds.” Learn to identify birds who live on or near our waterways. For more information, call 266-1321.
• Winter Reading Program — It’s time for The Library’s Winter Reading Program, a reading challenge for kids. Pick up a reading bingo log and track your reading and read-to-me hours to qualify for prizes. For more information, call Suzanne Davis, 263-6930 ext. 1211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• StoryWalk — A partnership of The Library, Kaniksu Land Trust, city of Dover, and city of Ponderay. Pages from a children’s book are posted along a trail for a fun, family experience. For more information, visit ebonnerlibrary.org or call Suzanne Davis, Children’s Services Librarian, 263-6930 ext. 1211 or email@example.com. Read, connect, and get outside at a StoryWalk.
Marcy Timblin is in charge of public relations, marketing and community development for the East Bonner County Library District. She can be reached at 208-263-6930, ext. 1204.