Why aren’t ozone generators used in hospitals and other public places?
Several years ago there was a pet store just south of the Long Bridge. For over a year, whenever I would enter the store, there would be an obnoxious pet store smell. Then one day I enter and notice that the obnoxious smell was gone, replaced by a slight smell of ozone. I then see a small low powered ozone generator permanently attached about eight feet up a wall.
What ozone does is zap any organic molecules and organisms floating around in the air, including bacteria and viruses.
About a year ago a friend, whose house was up for sale, showed the house to someone who complained about the mildew smell in the root cellar. I suggested he give my high-powered ozone generator a try, which he did. Not only did it kill the mildew and mold, but it killed every insect and spider in the root cellar.
The nice thing about using a high powered ozone generator to zap things is it leaves absolutely no poisonous residue. After an hour or two the ozone in the air dissipates and the room is safe to enter.