Ask around and you’ll hear that many Sandpoint families cherish the Sandpoint Waldorf School’s Christmas Faire and Children’s Festival among the many celebrations leading up to Christmas. The joy and magic of the Waldorf Faire is truly heartwarming. If you haven’t experienced this yet, now is your chance! On Saturday, Dec. 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you will find a school transformed by the magic of Christmas.
Among the fun activities scheduled throughout the day:
• Puppet Shows: The puppet show, “The Cobweb Christmas,” promises to be absolutely magical — fully staged across the front of a classroom, draped in gem-colored silks, and performed by gifted teachers using handmade scenery and marionettes. The show will play three times throughout the day: 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
• Crystal Cave: Children are invited to enter the cave’s secret passage into a twinkling world of wonder and leave with a sparkling reminder of the season’s magic.
• Craft-Making Room: There will be face painting and craft-making available for kids and adults to do together or on their own, including dipping beeswax candles by hand.
• Kids-Only Store: There will be a store stocked with donated items where the children may buy gifts for their family members with just a dollar or two per gift.
• Arts and Crafts Fair: On our lower level, you’ll find over 20 local artisan and craft vendor booths. A juried show with quality gifts and treasures just in time for your holiday shopping.
• Food: There will be delicious homemade soups, quiches, Caesar salad and rolls for lunch; homemade cinnamon rolls for brunch, roasted chestnuts and a gourmet dessert café featuring cookies, cakes, pies, Evans Brothers coffee, and tea to purchase for very reasonable prices. There will be plenty of tables and chairs to sit and visit as you eat.
• Hot Chai Hut: Warm, spicy homemade chai served in a little getaway location. Transport yourself for a moment of relaxation in an exotic locale.
• Parents-Only Silent Auction: We’ve gathered gently used toys and treasures that we’re sure parents would love to give as gifts to their little ones this Christmas. If you are a parent or an adult, stop in to bid on these one-of-a-kind items. Bidding closes at 3:30 p.m.
Sandpoint Waldorf School’s Christmas Faire and Children’s Festival is open and free to all! Tickets, which are sold for $1 a piece, are available for the puppet shows and craft-making. Plan to spend the whole day. There is so much to do and see!
The Sandpoint Waldorf School’s 26th annual Christmas Faire and Children’s Festival will take place on Saturday, Dec. 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sandpoint Waldorf School. The building is located at 2007 Sandpoint West Drive, Sandpoint, (next to the Sandpoint West Athletic Club).
Information: phone, 208-265-2683; online, SandpointWaldorf.org on Facebook