SANDPOINT — Bonner County is conducting six elections on behalf of library, sewer and school districts on Tuesday, May 21.
The polls on election day will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voters can cast ballots absentee or by going to their regular polling precincts.
The following elections will be held:
• East Bonner County Library District — Four people are running for two open seats on the district’s board of trustees. Wayne Gunter, Gloria Ray, Susan Shea and Jim Spagon are the candidates vying for the post.
Registered voters in the Airport, Algoma, Baldy, Careywood, Clark Fork, Cocolalla, Colburn, Dover, Edgemere, Gamlin Lake, Grouse Creek, Hope, Humbird, Kelso, Kootenai, Laclede, Lakeview, Oden, Sagle, Sandpoint, Selle, Southside, Washington, Westmond and Wrenco precincts will cast ballots.
• Kalispell Bay Sewer District — Two seats are up for election on this district’s board. James W. Anderson, David E. Conboy, Gary Rudie and Timothy Ventress are running for the seats.
This taxing district falls within the Lamb Creek voting precinct.
• Lake Pend Oreille School District No. 84 — Voters in this district will be electing a trustee for Zone 5. Incumbent Steve Youngdahl and Peter Kriz are competing for the post.
This taxing zone falls within the Dover, Humbird, Kootenai, Sandpoint and Washington voter precincts.
• West Bonner County School District No. 83 — The district’s board of trustees are seeking voter approval of a $3 million maintenance and operations levy.
Registered voters in the Blue Lake, East Priest River, Edgemere, Laclede, Lamb Creek, Oldtown, Priest Lake, Priest River West City, Spirit Valley and West Priest River Bench are eligible to vote on the levy.
• West Bonner County School District No. 83 — District patrons will be picking among three candidates for one of the board of trustees seats for Zone 2. The candidates include Joseph L. English, Drew McLain and Pegglee A. Smith.
Voters in the Oldtown, Priest River West City and West Priest River Bench precincts are eligible to cast ballots.
• West Bonner County School District No. 83 — One seat is up for election for Zone 4. Sandra Lee Brower and Leonard Parenteau are competition for the seat.
This taxing zone falls within the East Priest River, Laclede and Priest River West City voter precincts.
Absentee voting for each of the elections is under way at the Bonner County Elections Office in the county administration building at the corner of U.S. Highway 2 and Division Avenue. The elections office is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on May 13, when the office will be closed from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Unofficial results will be posted to the county’s website (www.co.bonner.id.us).