Vote no, send LPOSD back to drawing board

Print Article

How often do you see LPOSD students hosting car washes in order to garner funds for new sports uniforms, or to pay the transportation costs to that big game in Lewiston? Right, almost never. Do you know why? Because they donít have to. The taxpayers of the district are required to fund 100 percent of all extracurricular activities.

What are we teaching our kids about ďworkingĒ for those things in life that we donít have to have, but like to have? By way of the levy, we are teaching them that they donít have to work for these things, they only have to demand that they be paid for by taxpayers. In other words, we are teaching our kids to be socialists. Someone else has something that you want, (hard earned money) so you demand that they give it to you without having to work for it.

As a citizen, I well know, understand, and agree with my responsibility to educate our children. What I donít agree with is being forced to pay 100 percent of all extracurricular activities? Why canít the levy cover 80 percent? Why canít parents pay the other 20 percent? Again, they donít have to as long as taxpayers are paying the entire bill for everything they want.

It is high time for us to teach our children that they should help pay for the extra things they want in life. Please send the LPOSD back to the drawing boards by voting no on March 12th.

JIM KELLY

Sagle

Print Article

Read More Letters to the Editor

Dialogue continues with human rights task force

April 25, 2019 at 5:00 am | Bonner County Daily Bee I was encouraged to see the response (Daily Bee, April 11) Brenda Hammond, president of Bonner County Human Rights Task Force gave to my letter to the editor (Daily Bee, March ). It certainly did con...

Comments

Read More

Democrats let Trump control immigration narrative

April 25, 2019 at 5:00 am | Bonner County Daily Bee Just how stupid can the Democrats be? They missed a golden opportunity by not calling Trumpís bluff. They should have said, ďSure, send us all the immigrants you want.Ē Thereís no way he will do that...

Comments

Read More

Contradictions in the debate over abortion

April 25, 2019 at 5:00 am | Bonner County Daily Bee Mr. Pope and Mr. Knapp are right to raise the question of the rights of unborn babies. Of course this is a much thornier issue than environmental rights per se. People have a right to a clean environ...

Comments

Read More

Burgstahler is best pick for POHD board

April 25, 2019 at 5:00 am | Bonner County Daily Bee We have a chance to re-elect an outstanding doctor and administrator ó Dr. Scott Burgstahler ó to the Pend Oreille Hospital District board in a non-partisan election on May 21. (The seat is an unpaid...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(208) 263-9534
PO Box 159
Sandpoint, ID 83864

©2019 Bonner County Daily Bee Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X