PRIEST RIVER — Are you prepared for an emergency?
From selling items to learning how to be prepared in the event of an emergency, the Preparedness Festival and Yard Sale will take place Saturday, May 18, at Blanchard Community Center on Rusho Raod off Route 41.
Doors open at 9 a.m. to set up booths and the festivals The festival will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Food, snack and drinks will be available on site from 11 am.. to 3 p.m.
Come show, teach, demo, sell or swap any legal new or used items. Install safety ties through all firearm receivers for safety. Rent an indoor 10-foot by 10-foot tabled space for $20 or outdoor tailgate space for $5. Two chairs and tables are included in each booth. Requests for electricity will be taken into consideration; provide adequate extension cord and a multiple tap. Bring a trash bag to clean area at 4 p.m.
Vendors are personally responsible for any required permits, licensing or taxes at your booth
In addiition, there will be solar demos, communications, first aid, gardening, gun safety and more.
Free lectures will take place throughout the day. Lectures include:
• 11 a.m. — Beginners introduction to HAM radio.
• 12 p.m. — Backyard composting; learn how to create your own “black gold” compost from yard and garden wastes.
• 1 p.m. — Safely choose a handgun; lecture and demonstration. .
• 2 p.m. — Creating an efficient and resilient prepared property; overview of design me.
• 3 p.m. — Medical force multiplier; what to include in your ndividiual first aid kit.
Information: Russ.Spriggs@EarthLink.net with “PREPFEST” in subject line