SANDPOINT — A number of nonprofit groups in Bonner and Boundary counties will be taking part in Giving Tuesday on Nov. 27
In addition, Innovia Foundation will join thousands worldwide by celebrating giving in the Giving Tuesday movement on Nov. 27.
The foundation is partnering with nonprofit organizations throughout Eastern Washington and North Idaho by providing resources to help accelerate the growth and momentum of #GivingTuesday in this part of the world.
In Bonner County, participating groups include:
• American Heritage Wildlife Foundation — 59895 Highway 200, Clark Fork; ahwf.org or 208-266-1488
• Bonner General Health Foundation — 520 N. Third Ave., Sandpoint; bonnergeneral.org or 208-265-1123
• Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness — Box 2061, Sandpoint; scotchmanpeaks.org
• Kaniksu Land Trust — Box 2123, Sandpoint; kaniksulandtrust.org or 208-263-9471
• Panhandle Community Radio, Inc. — Box 2465, Sandpoint; krfy.org or 208-265-2992
• Panida Theater — Box 1981, Sandpoint; panida.org or 208-255-7801
• Pend Oreille Arts Council — Box 1694, Sandpoint; artinsandpoint.org or (208) 263-6139
• Uryadi’s Village — Sandpoint; uryadisvillage.org
In Boundary County, participating groups include:
• Pawsitive Works — Box 1756, Bonners Ferry; pawsitiveworks.com or (208) 946-3883
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that focuses on the collective power that individuals, communities and organizations use to celebrate generosity and philanthropy worldwide. During the Thanksgiving season it is easy to get swept up in the fervor of shopping events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday, the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, will kick off the giving season and inspire people to collaborate and give back.
“We are passionate about serving the region and enhancing the mission and impact of our nonprofit partners. That’s why we’ve partnered with Empire Health Foundation and United Ways throughout the region to launch a campaign that accelerates the growth and momentum of #GivingTuesday in our part of the world,” said Aaron McMurray, chief strategy officer of Innovia Foundation.
Innovia Foundation encourages those who wish to participate in #GivingTuesday to choose a nonprofit or charity within the region and discover how to give back.
#GivingTuesday began in 2012 and was founded by the 92nd Street Y- a community and cultural center in New York City- and inspired millions of people to give back and support the charities and causes they believe in. Last year, over $300 million was raised online to support thousands of nonprofit organizations. In addition to giving, #GivingTuesday encourages people to volunteer their time, donate food and clothing and provide acts of kindness.
For those who are interested in joining Innovia Foundation in the #GivingTuesday initiative can visit www.innovia.org/givingtuesday. For individuals who do not want to donate money, #GivingTuesday is also an opportunity to give back through random acts of kindness or volunteer time to organizations in the community.